Feltonville - Philadelphia. Any recent experience?

Feltonville - Philadelphia. Any recent experience?

Saugerties, NY · Member since 2014 · 98 posts · 32 votes

Hi all, does anyone have recent experience with Feltonville. Specifically I am looking a  duplex on A street near Eleanor st. I know a few years back it had trouble with crime & poverty. From what i read there seems to be a little more positive community development there. Chocolate/Coffee/Baking shops popping up. A little community activism. Anyone with firsthand experience?
@Ethan Giller & @Paulette Midgette your opinions are usually very balanced and informed. Would love to hear them (if you have experience)

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 139 posts · 232 votes
10y

@Nathan J. I have some properties there, my impression is that it's a solid C area... I don't consider it a war zone but I don't think it's likely to gentrify in the immediate future.  Just my personal opinion and others with more knowledge could prove my wrong, but I would say that you should buy if the rental numbers make sense based on current conditions and don't expect much appreciation.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 139 posts · 232 votes
    10y

    @Nathan J. I have some properties there, my impression is that it's a solid C area... I don't consider it a war zone but I don't think it's likely to gentrify in the immediate future.  Just my personal opinion and others with more knowledge could prove my wrong, but I would say that you should buy if the rental numbers make sense based on current conditions and don't expect much appreciation.

  • Saugerties, NY · Member since 2014 · 98 posts · 32 votes
    10y

    Sensible advice as always. Appreciate it @Ethan Giller

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 344 posts · 276 votes
    10y

    Hi @Nathan J.,  I am agreeing with @Ethan Giller here.  Feltonville was traditionally a middle class neighborhood that transited after the factories began to close.  I believe like so many neighborhoods Feltonville will make a turn, but I believe it is years away and I am talking beyond 5. 

  • Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Have their been any changes on this front? I'm looking to invest in feltonville.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.