Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Buying & Selling Real Estate
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Krishna Rayapudi
  • Pickerington, Ohio
Votes |
Home loan 'officer' problem

Krishna Rayapudi
  • Pickerington, Ohio
Posted Aug 24 2016, 14:28

Hi Guys, My loan officer approved my jumbo home loan, but wants my house 100% complete before he schedules inspection with his appraiser. He is not an easy person to reach/contact which had ben frustrating from the beginning. My builder will be 100% done by middle of next week but he is getting upset that we are not able to move in (staying in an apartment now waiting for the house to finish) as the bank is asking for 1.5-2 weeks after 100% completion to book a closing date. All houses that he built which are about 30 so far in the area, have all been closed with a little outside work remaining like sodding etc when the bank would escrow a certain amount and give it after it is all done. The loan officer is pretty adamant about inspecting it after it is 100% done. Builder is  threatening that he would sell the house to someone else as he is not happy with the loan officer!! I do have the house under a purchase contract which expired few days ago and has to be renewed (which the loan officer suggested do it once the closing date is booked). I am not worried about the builder selling it to someone else, but how can I convince the loan officer to close it sooner?

Loading replies...