Votes
Tim Kersting
  • Hayward, CA
Votes |
No money down seller financing

Tim Kersting
  • Hayward, CA
Posted Sep 20 2016, 11:29

I already posted a question about this, but maybe i made it too confusing of a question because I got no replies. 

So here is a more basic version of the same question.

I currently am renting a house with somewhat of a deadbeat landlord. And he appears on paper to have plenty of equity in the house. The house needs a decent amount of work that would No Doubt set him back some cash. [Roof, plumbing, driveway]

I would like to offer to buy the house from him and see if he is willing to finance the deal. The problem is I don't have a down payment.

The question is... What's the best way to structure such a proposal?

The house is in Hayward California most of the comps in the area are going for about $420 k. He bought the place for $70k and then pulled some Equity out for about $120k...about 15 years ago so if he's making all the payments he should be close to halfway done, or better.

I'm sure renting out the property is nothing but a cash cow for him... So talking him out of it might be difficult, but I'm willing to try. Any suggestions on how best to make this a win-win proposal?

I've lived in the place for about 8 years and pay $1,500 rent... which is ridiculously cheap for the area... In case that matters

Thanks in advance for any insights or advice.

Loading replies...