What excites investors?

8 Replies

I'm looking to start Wholesaling, and I'm curious to know what excites Investors/Cash Buyers?

Is there a mathematical formula that Investors primarily use implementing the ARV and a couple other factors? Please help me out if you can...

Trying to determine what houses to aggressively go after to put under contract.

I would appreciate any comment, big or small :)

Just a good price with no fluff. Nothing flashy. If the deal is good enough (70 percent ARV-repairs) you will likely find a few buyers for all your deals. Just be upfront and honest with investors. Reputation is important.

Originally posted by @Will Pritchett :

Just a good price with no fluff. Nothing flashy. If the deal is good enough (70 percent ARV-repairs) you will likely find a few buyers for all your deals. Just be upfront and honest with investors. Reputation is important.

 Thanks Will, I appreciate your feedback, exactly what I was looking for !!!

I see it is your second post so welcome to BP @Lorne Goree . The 70% minus repairs is a good rule of thumb. I also suggest you go to some pubic auctions (not courthouse step foreclosure auctions) and see what the  houses go for. You can inspect the house estimate what you think another investor will pay, and you will get instant feedback as to how close you were.

Originally posted by @Lorne Goree :

I'm looking to start Wholesaling, and I'm curious to know what excites Investors/Cash Buyers?

Is there a mathematical formula that Investors primarily use implementing the ARV and a couple other factors? Please help me out if you can...

Trying to determine what houses to aggressively go after to put under contract.

I would appreciate any comment, big or small :)

 What excites me - are settlements. Receiving my equity profits. The feeling of a transaction well done. There are many moving parts to a successful deal, lots of folks to deal with and to negotiate terms and agreements. There are emotions and numbers to consider. The numbers need to work and the emotions needs to be satisfied The key to profits when dealing with remote investing is controlling the property (that's the easy part) the important thing is get it sold and to settlement. I have been using my auction business model - control it and assign it within 3weeks. As is. All cash. No contingencies. 

As a buy and hold investor, I don't really get "excited" when finding a new potential property.  It's all a numbers game - think of it as a pass/fail criteria.  The properties that do interest me more are those that fit my financial criteria that require less renovation than other properties in the area.  Renovation = risk.  If I can minimize my risk and still hit the same numbers it's a better deal for me.

Originally posted by @Ned Carey :

I see it is your second post so welcome to BP @Lorne Goree. The 70% minus repairs is a good rule of thumb. I also suggest you go to some pubic auctions (not courthouse step foreclosure auctions) and see what the  houses go for. You can inspect the house estimate what you think another investor will pay, and you will get instant feedback as to how close you were.

 Ned, I appreciate your feedback !!!

Originally posted by @Rob Myers :

As a buy and hold investor, I don't really get "excited" when finding a new potential property.  It's all a numbers game - think of it as a pass/fail criteria.  The properties that do interest me more are those that fit my financial criteria that require less renovation than other properties in the area.  Renovation = risk.  If I can minimize my risk and still hit the same numbers it's a better deal for me.

 I appreciate that Rob, that makes a whole lot of sense

Everyone is different but what excites many investors is minimal work, large returns, and barely any hands on! Ha, sounds a like a dream, but it's out there! Hey, let me know if you find any of these because I'm interested (LOL)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here