Can you evaluate this for me.

3 Replies

Ok so I'm not getting in position to buy right now this is simply a learning experience for me. Could someone tell me if they thought this is a good deal. From what I know and zillow says (which I don't value their opinion all that much) this seems like an ok deal. The property is 715 Willard ave se 

Warren Ohio 44484 

It's a two bed one bath for 23500 most likely needs some work but over all looks good. Property taxes are about 100/month. Zillow says rent is about 695 for that area. Area is     a C maybe D area. Any info in evaluating properties will help me learn and find maybe some things I'm missing. Thanks!

Biggest thing i would recommend you check are the property taxes. Make sure they are 100/ a month with no exemptions. If they currently have exemptions on the property then you can expect them to at least double depending on your area. I have a spreadsheet that we use to analyze our properties if you would like to run your deal through that let me know I can send it over to you. Best of luck.

@John Mathewson hey thanks for the reply. That would be great. Thats what I'm struggling with is pin pointing the exact expenses of the properties. I don't think the taxes will go up that much that seems like a fairly average number for the area but also how would I find out if there was exemptions, a real estate agent?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.