Hey guys - good problems to have and I need your help.
I am in the middle of doing a couple deals in Phoenix, 1 SFR and one duplex. Each is around $200k purchase price, and (believe it or not) I can finance them. Both involve some rehab ($135k total rehab costs). I NEED to have as much capital on hand as possible to jump on other deals that might come up, so I'd like to finance the rehab with the property.
What kind of options do you see for me? Here's what I was thinking:
1. 203k - low capital total limit, so not very useful for me.
2. Conventional rehab loan - nice but very inflexible when contractor specs need to change (I understand that even the tile's serial # goes into the spec).
3. VA loan - doesn't provide for rehab, as far as I know, but very low money down. Only good for one deal since it has to be primary residence.
4. FHA or conventional loan - different flavors the number 3 option.
So what would you do if you were me? How can I keep my capital in my own hands as much as possible
Any lending experts? I'm talking to a lender this evening so I'm trying to get smarter.
Do you mean you self funded these properties thus far? If so, we may be able lend 90% cash back on the original purchase price($200,000 X .90 = $180,000 cash) and set up a rehab draw up to 90% of rehab cost. Max arv is 75%. I would need understand your credit, experience and liquidity to get the ball rolling. Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks for the offer and I'll keep it in mind! I'm working with a lender now, and things are going smoothly.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing