Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
William F.
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tacoma, WA
Votes |
I need to keep MAX cash on hand - financing for rehab?

William F.
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tacoma, WA
Posted Oct 23 2016, 14:22
Hey guys - good problems to have and I need your help. I am in the middle of doing a couple deals in Phoenix, 1 SFR and one duplex. Each is around $200k purchase price, and (believe it or not) I can finance them. Both involve some rehab ($135k total rehab costs). I NEED to have as much capital on hand as possible to jump on other deals that might come up, so I'd like to finance the rehab with the property. What kind of options do you see for me? Here's what I was thinking: 1. 203k - low capital total limit, so not very useful for me. 2. Conventional rehab loan - nice but very inflexible when contractor specs need to change (I understand that even the tile's serial # goes into the spec). 3. VA loan - doesn't provide for rehab, as far as I know, but very low money down. Only good for one deal since it has to be primary residence. 4. FHA or conventional loan - different flavors the number 3 option. So what would you do if you were me? How can I keep my capital in my own hands as much as possible

Loading replies...