Hello all! Basically I purchased a SFH for $250,000 here in Staten Island, NY. I put $50,0h00 down and have been making all payments for the past year. I also have around $10,000 in savings. I live in this property, and I used a VA loan for it.
I would like to buy my 2nd property. Which will be a buy and hold. I was thinking of buying out of state because homes are way cheaper in other states. Do I have enough money to do this? Can I use any money from equity I have in my current home? Also what areas should I look into for investment?
The primary thing to remember is everything revolves around your goals!
So, what is it that you want to accomplish with real estate investing?
- Looking to make a quick buck?
- Looking primarily to increase your overall cash flow?
- Looking to buy and sell in the next 3 - 5 years for a nice profit?
- Looking to buy and hold for the next 20 - 30 years for your retirement?
There are so many questions you can get answered here. However, once you decide what type of investor you want to be, then it's a lot easier to start peeling back the onion of where, why, and how much.
Hope this helps,
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.