How do I evicted my mother?!?

7 Replies

Ok BP family so this is a real trick or treat situation just time for Halloween I guess! Long story short I was adopted and only recently was told who my brith mother is. She always knew who I was but never wanted to be apart of my life (honestly was fine with me I love my adopted parents!). My birth mother current rents a SFH 3/2 where she paying $700 a month. The lady who owns the home called me and really wants to sell me the home. I would love to big it but the tricky thing is my birth mother is a terrible tenant never! Never pays rent on time, never take care of the property, just already bad. The current owner doesn't even have her signed to a lease she doing it month to month. My question to you BP is how do I go about evicting my mother?!?!

P.S. Happy Halloween!

Justin Dixon

wow, talk about a story
    If it was up to me, I'd stay away from drama, and just look into buying another place. 

Is the owner giving you a really nice deal?

Next!  Let this disaster stay right where it is...you don't need the hassle and heartache that this will bring you.  My $0.02...go visit your birth mother and see what you can do to help her...no matter what, without her, you would be non-existent.

Charlie Fitzgerald

how much would you save compared to market value?

Yas charlie said, I would stay away from collecting rent from her. Most I'd be willing to do is flip it if the deal is too good to pass

@Mike H. Market value as of now is $30,000 fixed up it would sell for around $85-95k she willing to let me buy it from her for $10k.

Justin Dixon

@Justin Dixon  Market value as of now is $30,000 fixed up it would sell for around $85-95k she willing to let me buy it from her for $10k.

Sounds like a great deal to wholesale. Whatever you do, don't buy it as a rental!

Eric M.

@Eric M. I will definitely consider it because I am a buy and hold investor and I don't know if I want this headache because I still work a full time job as well. 

Justin Dixon

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
          • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
          • Learn how to get started with or without money,
          • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
          • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.