How do I evicted my mother?!?

7 Replies

Ok BP family so this is a real trick or treat situation just time for Halloween I guess! Long story short I was adopted and only recently was told who my brith mother is. She always knew who I was but never wanted to be apart of my life (honestly was fine with me I love my adopted parents!). My birth mother current rents a SFH 3/2 where she paying $700 a month. The lady who owns the home called me and really wants to sell me the home. I would love to big it but the tricky thing is my birth mother is a terrible tenant never! Never pays rent on time, never take care of the property, just already bad. The current owner doesn't even have her signed to a lease she doing it month to month. My question to you BP is how do I go about evicting my mother?!?!

P.S. Happy Halloween!

wow, talk about a story
If it was up to me, I'd stay away from drama, and just look into buying another place. 

Is the owner giving you a really nice deal?

Next!  Let this disaster stay right where it is...you don't need the hassle and heartache that this will bring you.  My $0.02...go visit your birth mother and see what you can do to help her...no matter what, without her, you would be non-existent.

how much would you save compared to market value?

Yas charlie said, I would stay away from collecting rent from her. Most I'd be willing to do is flip it if the deal is too good to pass

@Mike H. Market value as of now is $30,000 fixed up it would sell for around $85-95k she willing to let me buy it from her for $10k.

@Justin Dixon  Market value as of now is $30,000 fixed up it would sell for around $85-95k she willing to let me buy it from her for $10k.

Sounds like a great deal to wholesale. Whatever you do, don't buy it as a rental!

@Eric M. I will definitely consider it because I am a buy and hold investor and I don't know if I want this headache because I still work a full time job as well. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.