• Jackson, MS
Votes |
Short Sell problem... Seller seek to Stay 11 days

Wilson Jing
  • Investor
  • Jackson, MS
Posted Nov 1 2016, 03:36

Good morning everyone,

My name is Wilson and I am an investor who owns 8 properties in Jackson MS. I have a day job and real estate is something I do on the side. So I have a contract for a short sell and everything is settled except that seller wants to stay 11 days after closing to move out. I would like her to vacate the property so I can start rehab and also I feel like the house right now is unsafe since there is a lot of mold/water damage to the back of the house because of a leaky roof. We have not signed any legal documents that states the terms of her occupancy after closing, but the agents are insistent on me doing the closing now. I dont have enough experience with short sells but do the seller normally stay for a period after? (The seller's agent said I should be ethical about this) Also who would be responsible for cleaning up if she still leaves a mess  (south jackson tenants will just trash the place usually cost ~500 to clean up after them)? would I be responsible for her safety? (like I said mold/bad roof) Is there any law that protects me in this case for being a good person and letting her stay on my property free of charge after closing to get her move complete? It just seems after closing, everyone else involved in the deal gets to wipe their hands clean and I am left with a tenant who obviously has a lot of attachment to the house who needs to move in 11 days. Anyways, frustrated about this deal.

Sincerely

Wilson

Loading replies...