Votes
Robert Courtney
  • Hartford, WI
Votes |
Short sale Inspections question

Robert Courtney
  • Hartford, WI
Posted Nov 3 2016, 11:31

I'm looking for help answering some concerns I have about a duplex. We are in the final stages of closing on a duplex and I discovered mold in the property recently. I had an inspector come look at it and was given an outrageous quote of $20,000. I asked my realtor if there was any chance of the bank renegotiating and she told me no. I told her I would walk away and she told me she would check with the banks realtor to doublecheck. She called me back and again told me there was no way to renegotiate the price and that the bank realtor would not even attempt it. The reasoning given is because it is a short sale and short sales work differently than normal sales. They also don't have an inspection contingency in the contract. I realize that I could jeopardize my earnest money because of this if the bank decides not to renegotiate, but I feel like I'm being lied to concerning whether or not there is a possibility for negotiation. My question is, on an "as is" short sale near the final stages, is it possible for the bank to renegotiate if a major issue is found with the house? 

Loading replies...