• Rental Property Investor
  • Marietta, GA
Votes |
Rental Property Purchase Help

Corey Owen
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Marietta, GA
Posted Dec 21 2016, 12:44

Hello Bigger Pockets Community!  I am in need of your expertise and advise. I am a relatively new investor,  but have just completed my second flip.  I am looking to get into rental property investing as well, but am having an extremely difficult time with the financing aspect.  I have used hard money and owner financing on my fix and flips, but they were both short term loans (<12 months).  I quit my job to pursue investing full time (long story), so I have no W2 income, only my profits from the flips.  No one wants to give me a loan until I have 2 years of tax returns for my business which is going to put me about 2.5 years from now before I can get my first loan.  I have been in contact with some people about private money loans and they are interested, but nothing long term.  I have also seen some portfolio lenders that will lend based on appraised value of the home, but the minimum amount they will finance is 300k with most wanting 500k.  We have a great wholesaler that finds us good deals and we do all the work ourselves, so we have the contracting side down.  My wife is also a NCIDQ certified interior designer, so our homes look amazing and the opportunity to snag some depressed properties and convert them to rentals is huge, but no one will give us the length of terms we need.  What do you suggest?

Loading replies...