Up and coming neighborhoods (Philadelphia)

Up and coming neighborhoods (Philadelphia)

Coatesville, PA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 1 vote

I live in the greater Philadelphia area. I am seeking advice from my fellow Philadelphia investors. With so many neighborhoods and homes listed for sale, which neighborhoods are on the up and up at the moment and going forward? looking to stay under 90k purchase for a buy and flip. It seems that there are more neighborhoods than even on the rise in Philly.

0Reply
9 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joseph ScoreseBusiness Member
    Banker · Philadelphia · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 631 votes
    9y

    Hi @Miguel Torres,

    Welcome to BP!

    Would suggest attending some REIA sub group meetings in Philadelphia thru Diversified Investors Group to speak to local investors on neighborhoods. Once you identify some neighborhoods in Philadelphia that fit your foot print and you qualify for via mortgage or rehab lending. Attend the neighborhood association main & zoning meetings to go more in depth.

    Let me know if you have any questions.

    Regards,

    Joe Scorese

  • Property Manager · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 515 posts · 196 votes
    9y

    @Miguel Torres - Port Richmond, Kensington, Whitman and Francisville all make sense as a neighborhoods that are set to increase quickly - $90 might not be very realistic in those neighborhoods though. You might want to investigate a neighborhood with a working class foundation - those tend to be extremely stable and easy to predict. 

    And I second Joe's advice.

  • Coatesville, PA · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hello @Joseph Scorese,

    Thanks for the advice. I just pulled up some upcoming REIA meetings to attend in the new year. I have secured funding and now just need to make the connections to find properties and get the ball rolling.

    I will be in touch.

    Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.