Value add opportunities for apartments buildings: List of Ideas?
Hi! I am compiling a list of all the potential value-add opportunities for multifamily rehabs and renovations with the goal of increasing rents. Here is what I have so far:
- Add wash and dryer units
- Stainless steel appliances
- Update light fixtures
- New hardware for bathroom (cabinet, sink, shower)
- New hardware for kitchen (cabinets, sink)
- Build a fence around ground floor patio
- Build carports
- RUBs program
- Charge for garbage pick-up
- Amenities based on demographic (soccer field, BBQ pit, etc.)
- Adding an extra room
For other multifamily investors out there, what are some ways you've added value to an apartment to raise rents?