How far does a buyers agents local area reach?

How far does a buyers agents local area reach?

Philomath, OR · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 0 votes
If I am considering looking at real estate an hour from my home, should I connect with a buyers agents in the area that I am considering investing in? That seems more appropriate than using an agent in my area. Thanks!
0Reply
13 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 340 posts · 248 votes
    9y

    if you have a real estate agent contact in your area, ask them how familiar they are with the area you'd like to purchase in. If they don't, maybe they know an agent in that area they can refer you to. Real Estate is always local, so it's best to have an expert in that area. Your agent isn't going to be offended, because they will get as referral fee from that sale, and will get paid to do nothing.

  • Philomath, OR · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Thanks Tom. I didn't realize that agents got referral fees. This is good info for me.
  • Lender · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2015 · 482 posts · 316 votes
    9y
    It also comes down to who you trust. I get referrals to buyers outside my area all the time. Most times I refer out unless that buyer had a previous bad experience somewhere else. Why do I get referrals out of my area? Because I am straight up, tell it like it is, and my goal is to educate, not sell.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.