Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Ty Hines
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
I "GUARANTEE" that this is the BEST way to find deals!!!!

Ty Hines
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Feb 8 2010, 02:53

Recently I have read many post asking the question "What is the best way to find deals"? or "How do I find deals before they hit the MLS"?
Let me begin by saying that in no way do I consider myself a teacher of any sort but I have practiced a technique that has always brought me success. And that is to really study and research a particular area. Many of us have gotten away from the basics of "farming" specific neighborhoods and this means more than looking at neighborhood statistics on the computer. You will need to get out and "pound the pavement" in order to find the best deals. This includes meeting neighbors, talking to business owners, riding the streets both day and night, etc.

Also I have nothing against an investor trying to expand their territory in order to increase profits but when you have people buying property in other states and neither they or anyone they know has actually drove by the property and seen the neighborhood I think you are asking for trouble. Believe me I know because Ive been contacted by investors in other states that "thought" they had a steal in Georgia because the house looks nice but the neighborhood is a completely different story and now they are stuck holding "nice" houses in really bad neighborhoods.
If you take time to really get to know a particular area and its residents, this will be your best shot at finding the best deals.
Again this is just my opinion. Anyone feel differently???

Loading replies...