Invest in Las Vegas,NV and Portland, Oregon

7 Replies

Hi, I'm interested in multi-family deals in Las Vegas, NV, and in Portland and Hillsboro, Oregon, right now I'm only in the researching stage. The reason I wanna choose one of the two areas to focus on in my next deal is because they are both close to CA. It'll be easier for me to travel back and forth if needed.  Las Vegas, NV is more affordable in general. Renter will be people like hotel workers, retail workers, and general blue collar workers. 

Portland is more expensive to get into, but not crazy expensive. Renter will be people like white collar and blue collar workers.

I'd like to know if there are investors/brokers/agents/property managers here that's focused in those 2 areas?? Let's connect and chat??

(p.s. if the message is not proper in this forum, sorry and I'll remove it...)

We've been looking to buy multi families in Las Vegas as well but nothing has fit our criteria. Let me know if you find something that is worth it and maybe we could do something together!

Thanks!

Hi Chingju,

I've been looking for multi-family property (4plex) in Las Vegas are for about 2 months now. From what I have seen in big apartment complexes are very popular here, and smaller multi-family properties tend to be older. I've seen a lot of houses from 1960-1983, the newest I've seen was from 1993 and they tend to be in the rougher neighborhoods. Are you looking for a turn-key property or are you going to do a BRRRR?

I am going to provide a tip for you all. In order to get the best multi family units in Las Vegas is to contact the owners directly. It won't be listed for sale and they won't advertise that they are looking to sell on any website or with a realtor. If it get's to that point, than there is probably something really negative about the property. If you live here and you are driving around see a multi-family property that interest you, skip trace it to find the owner. You will see that most of the time, these owners are up there in age and have no problem talking to you about possibly buying there property. Hope this helps. 

Louis

@Louis - I think they need you to help them out!

Originally posted by @Chris Czekaj :

Hi Chingju,

I've been looking for multi-family property (4plex) in Las Vegas are for about 2 months now. From what I have seen in big apartment complexes are very popular here, and smaller multi-family properties tend to be older. I've seen a lot of houses from 1960-1983, the newest I've seen was from 1993 and they tend to be in the rougher neighborhoods. Are you looking for a turn-key property or are you going to do a BRRRR?

I'm looking for buy-and-hold rental properties. Not necessary turnkey.  As for the neighborhood, I'm looking at B/C, low crime rate area blue collar renters. 

Originally posted by @Louis Davis :

I am going to provide a tip for you all. In order to get the best multi family units in Las Vegas is to contact the owners directly. It won't be listed for sale and they won't advertise that they are looking to sell on any website or with a realtor. If it get's to that point, than there is probably something really negative about the property. If you live here and you are driving around see a multi-family property that interest you, skip trace it to find the owner. You will see that most of the time, these owners are up there in age and have no problem talking to you about possibly buying there property. Hope this helps. 

Louis

Thanks for the advice!!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here