Votes
Lina Naik
  • Washington, DC
Votes |
Looking to put offer on invest property without real estate agent

Lina Naik
  • Washington, DC
Posted Jul 21 2017, 12:44

Already found the property and know what I want to offer, including terms, etc.  The seller first listed the property on craigslist (which is how I found it), but recently listed it on redfin with an agent. 

I would prefer not getting an agent as I've already done the work in terms of finding the property and researching comps, etc.  Also have an inspector and lender lined up.  All I need to do is make the offer for now.  

How do I do that? Find the forms online and fill it out? I've heard the DC forms are fairly standard. I contacted an attorney and they estimated it would take 2-5 hours to fill out a purchase agreement @ $375/hour, which is way overpriced. I could negotiate the cost down, but realistically, I don't even think the seller is going to accept the offer. Also the attorney is talking about setting up an LLC, etc., which I don't think I need to do.

This isn't my first real estate purchase, but first investment, so not exactly sure how to move forward. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Loading replies...