Votes
Tony H.
  • Rocklin
Votes |
For those who used HELOC

Tony H.
  • Rocklin
Posted Aug 31 2017, 06:44
I closed on my first duplex almost 2 months ago. So far so good. I used HELOC from my primary residence as down payment for the duplex. I now have $77k balance on the HELOC. My monthly cashflow covers the Heloc payment with no issues. However, It will take forever, To reload my heloc and use it again for my next deal. Paying 1% each month will take 100+ months (thats without even counting the interest). How do you reload your Heloc quickly? I saw some people buy their next deal within 1 year after, but I dont see this possible at all. I have been putting extra payment too but not much at all. I have also resorted to a new strategies where I utilized the 0% and $0 fee balance transfer from credit card to help pay the heloc. Its a bit pain in the butt, since the offer only last about 15 months. Then I have to find another credit card with similar deal. I am doing this because I want my whole payment every month hit the principal, not a penny goes to interest. Any other ideas that I should consider? Thanks

Loading replies...