20% Down on a 4plex a Myth?? Lenders telling me must be 25%

20% Down on a 4plex a Myth?? Lenders telling me must be 25%

Investor · Bothell, WA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 12 votes

I'm in contract on a 4plex in Alabama. My lender is telling me 25% down is required for mulitfamily. In Brandon's webinar he always talks about 20% down. Is that not an option for a four plex? should I look for a new lender?  Anyone have a different experience with downpayment on four-plex or multifamily?

0Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · St Paul, MN · Member since 2013 · 91 posts · 45 votes
    9y

    30yr conforming loans are now 25% on all small multi-family (2-4unit) for investment purchases. You might find a local bank to do 20%, or possibly get a commercial loan with 20% down (I wouldn't do that though), but unlikely if you don't have a track record. There was a time not too many years ago that you could get these loans for 20% down.

  • Investor · Bothell, WA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    Thanks Dan B. for the quick reply. Sounds like I'm in a good spot then. Appreciate the help!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.