BRRR, bought in LLC, transfer to personal for refi (6-month wait)

BRRR, bought in LLC, transfer to personal for refi (6-month wait)

Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 108 posts · 43 votes

I purchased a distressed property and took title as my LLC. I was told that in order to obtain conventional refinancing once the project was completed I would need to transfer title to my own personal name, complete the refi and could transfer it back to my LLC.

I get to the point now where the bank is ready to do the refi, and they are now telling me that Fannie/Freddie rules require that the title be in my name for at least 6 months before they can refi it w/ a conventional loan.  This is the first that I have heard of this, and if this is the really the case, why isn't it all over the place on the forums and podcasts....  When BRRRR-ing a property, do not take title in an LLC if you want to refi w/ conventional financing in 6 months.

Thoughts?

0Reply
7 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Elk Grove, CA · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    8y
    You might want to start looking for a portfolio lender to develop a relationship with, such as a small bank in your town. Find one that has no problems funding an LLC and no seasoning requirements.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.