Slavic Village, the next gentrification neighborhood

7 Replies

I've been looking outside the box in the Cleveland area and I heard about Slavic Village (44105).  

From a locals perspective, whats your thoughts and is there any chance of gentrification in the future?  I'm not expecting the next Tremont or Ohio City but is there a chance for some rental growth?

Speculation vs. Investing.

My 2 cents, I wouldn't touch it, there are lots of other solid Cleveland neighborhood to invest in. Someone else may have a different philosophy and tell you otherwise.

They’ve been trying to convince people that area would begin to turn around. I doubt it, if you do buy, buy smart! I wouldn’t pay over 30k all in for anything over there.

If your a gambling man it maybe worth a shot. How high is your risk tolerance?

Originally posted by @Tyler Shigenaga :

I've been looking outside the box in the Cleveland area and I heard about Slavic Village (44105).  

From a locals perspective, whats your thoughts and is there any chance of gentrification in the future?  I'm not expecting the next Tremont or Ohio City but is there a chance for some rental growth?

Go back in the box. It's safer in the box.

While I like Slavic Village and think it's got potentIal, I'd bet on an area like North Collinwood, Asiatown, or St. Clair-Superior over Slavic Village.

@Tyler Shigenaga

I was going to tell you the same thing @Jad Boudiab stated. You should never do a deal based on speculation. Bad way to do business in my opinion. Go by today’s numbers. All the best to you. 

Jorge

I keep hearing people talk about Slavic Village revitalization. And while there are significant efforts being made there, I agree with @Steven Aviram , I think that North Collinwood, Superior-St Clair, and Goodrich-Kirtland Park (often referred to as "Asiatown") are all better areas for that sort of speculation.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.