Refinance a flip for rental. Where to get loan?

4 Replies

I have a property that I’m finishing up as a flip and want to refinance and turn into a rental. But everywhere I’ve inquired thus far has required a down payment or
will only finance a portion (like 70%).

Is there any way to get 100% refi???

Matt

You should be able to find a local bank that will do 75% cash out as long as you have held for 6 months. If you paid cash their is a delayed finance option that will allow you to pull out your cost. Purchase price, repairs and closing cost.

No one will provide a 100% loan on any house. Most banks will provide 75% of the appraised value. They want to be sure you have some skin in the game too.

Granted, there may be some HML out there that will entertain a 100% funding, but it would be rare, especially not with prior relationships.

If you need 100% then your best bet is to just sell. All my cash outs have been 75% of appraised value. That's always been enough for me to purchase 2-3 more properties and do another 75% cash out on the most valuable option at the time. 

Hey Matthew, Yes, but typically people will refinance to cut their rate and improve cash flow. Hard Money loans are typically in the double digits so doing so isn't usually practical. It can make some sense in the case of a short-term or ballooning note

Bobby Montagne

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.