Indianapolis zip codes....

2 Replies

Hey everyone, does anyone know the best zip codes for rental properties in the Indianapolis market? I am trying to stay within the A, B type neighborhoods. If you have a list of zip codes that differentiates the types of neighborhoods and how the rental market is (great, good, mostly good, avoid) that would be ideal. Thank you :)

Hey Marcello.  It depends exactly what you are looking for.  People say that Indy is street by street, and I think that's true.  You can have beautiful expensive properties and old, beat down, broken vacant houses in the same zip code.  If you are looking for A and B properties, are you looking to spend more money up from and have a lower price to rent ratio?  For example, Fishers, Carmel, Zionsville, Broad Ripple....you are going to be in A class neighborhoods.  Also, the price of a house is going to range in the 150-300k range.  You are less likely to get good cash flow if that's what you are looking for.    

Some good areas to look where prices are lower may be on the south side, Greenwood, Franklin and Perry Township, Southport.  Cost of entry is lower and I believe these to be B class neighborhoods.  Please feel free to PM me if you have other questions.  I am happy to give my two cents.  

Thank you for the response Samantha :) Grass Valley huh. My fiancé Nikki is from Grass valley. You probably know her. She’s awesome. I was actually looking in the areas you mentioned. You are 100% correct. They are all approximately $150k entry. I will definitely look in the other areas you mentioned. I couldn’t Pm you. When I went to contact you in your profile it said blocked 😩. Maybe because I’m not a pro :(...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here