Houston fourplex for Out-Of-Town investor

5 Replies

Hello all,  I iive in San Diego and currently work full time so a rehab from afar is not something I am interested in. 

For this phase in my investing, I am interested in a turnkey fourplex to
buy in the near term in the Houston metro area. I have no issues getting on a plane to walk the area with knowledgeable professionals.

In anticipation of your questions:  I am looking to put $75K down.   Cap rate 5%.  I plan to hold the property for 10 years and reassess (likely 1031 to larger).  I am looking to scale quickly.  

If there is someone in Houston, who is looking at properties in this range, perhaps we can partner and  seek a larger property- I am open to that.

My question for the group:  where do I start in terms of neighborhoods, PM referrals, agents, etc?  What else do I need to consider?

Thanks!

@Dan Raphael

Hi Dan, I am an investor, real estate broker and property manager in Houston. Your plan looks strong. I would be happy to help you in any way I can. I will send you a direct message and all my contact information is on my profile page.

I'd be curious to see if you can find a turnkey fourplex in a decent enough area of Houston to cash flow. I've never heard of residential MFRs there getting much on the cash flow front.

I live in Houston and I'm having a hard time finding any multi family homes for a good deal. Mostly everyone here does single family. I think this market is saturated so I'm having a hard time finding anything worth while.

Dan, 

There are some deals out there as we are funding a 4 plex or so a month.  Reach out to some quality wholesalers and other investors to see what you can turn up.  Reach to me directly if you want some names and numbers.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here