Votes
Tim Hendrickson
  • West Hartford, CT
Votes |
Selling Primary Residence to LLC for Large Profit

Tim Hendrickson
  • West Hartford, CT
Posted Oct 30 2017, 19:52
Hi all, First post! New to the real estate world and trying to maximize profits from the beginning... I appreciate the help! I currently own 1 single family property and have almost reached the 2 year mark. I have been renting 3 bedrooms individually since the first week I purchased the house. The house is located in a great location with high rental demand. My vision is to rent the home for about 10 years (or longer if there is still demand). My thought was to sell the home just after the 2 year mark for a substantial profit to an LLC that I will create. The market value for the neighborhood is already about 60-80k higher than my purchase price. This would allow me to raise the cost basis of the house, and I could move out and rent the house fully. At the same time, I would purchase another property, live-in and rent for 2 years and repeat the same process. I would continuously take advantage of the capital gains tax exemption every two years, while also building my rental property portfolio. Any issues in doing this? Would this be advantageous or not?

Loading replies...