Anyone ever buy from Morris Invest?

9 Replies

Has Anyone used or heard of "Morris Invest" ?
Morris Invest find homes located in 3 different states and send you pics and if you want the house; The normal cost of the home is 40-50k. After purchase, They rehab the house for you and put a tenant in the house and turn it over to a PM company. The house should have some equity and good ROI. Sounds like a great deal but wanted to know if anyone has any experience in buying from Morris Invest?

Originally posted by @Tracy D. Garrett-Numa :

Has Anyone used or heard of "Morris Invest" ?
Morris Invest find homes located in 3 different states and send you pics and if you want the house; The normal cost of the home is 40-50k. After purchase, They rehab the house for you and put a tenant in the house and turn it over to a PM company. The house should have some equity and good ROI. Sounds like a great deal but wanted to know if anyone has any experience in buying from Morris Invest?

There are couple posts on this, search morris invest on bp forum. So far some are happy and some a little less perhaps with delays and communication issues. It is still new for that company with these cheapest type homes. 

Some more experienced investors caution these cheapos are harder to make money with or may have extra challenges yet to be realized. Some things they point out is there is no way that is a fully rehabbed home at those prices. Or these areas are closer to F locations vs what is presented. 

Good luck!

Has any one a D&B that’s lije a bbb credit report on Clayton and Natalie Morris of Morris invest it lets you know of how many times they have been sued why and current litigation and if they keep changing THIER inc. To avoid lawsuits love THIER videos and podcasts but I’ve also found distressing info with some investors. 

I think there's prob about 100 threads about Morris Invest. I'd spend a few hours going through them before you invest with them.

Check this case study out.
https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/392727-morris-invest-case-study-20

@Tracy D. Garrett-Numa - Just adding my two cents here as I have first-hand experience. Take a look at my experience with Morris Invest and investing out of state on my blog and on my BP post here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/392...

My property cash flowed for 11 months, then became vacant without notice, and had a squatter in the garage. I'm turning things around right now and have learned a lot. Let me know if you have any questions!

-Tyler

Their Podcasts are good, they put out useful information (I still listen to them).  They failed because they weren't "Turnkey" themselves, they brushed that off to Ocean Point which we saw/heard from is terrible.

I believe, going forward he no longer uses them/create his on property management team.  Based off his newest video they discuss a pieces here and there.

I still won't use them, there are much better actual turn key companies in those areas.  I'm just going to try and stick closer to home (if I can find them).

does not matter who you buy from assets at those prices points are very risky... cheapest property in a given MSA  =  toughest tenants  highest crime and horrible investment most of the time.. UNLESS your local and can buy 20 to 100 of them. then its just a job.

morris the cat has nine lives on BP

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.