Columbus, Ohio - Looking to Connect w/ Investors

1 Reply

Are there any investors in and around the Columbus area? I want to be in contact with you. I'm coming across off-market opportunities and would love to pick your brain and see how you analyze and assess value. Taking on more than I can handle! Message me!

Jeff

Originally posted by @Jeff Tyndall :

Are there any investors in and around the Columbus area? I want to be in contact with you. I'm coming across off-market opportunities and would love to pick your brain and see how you analyze and assess value. Taking on more than I can handle! Message me!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, one of the first things I look at is the if the property meets the 1% rule.  This means that the gross monthly rents should be at least 1% of the sales price.  This is just the basic rule of thumb I use and then I try to get any available financials and run an analysis based one those numbers which are not always accurate unfortunately.  I check things like taxes on the county auditor site to confirm numbers and the use my knowledge of rents in the area to check the validity of the given rental income.  Often with 4 units and under, sellers want to see an offer before giving any financials so I make sure my offers are written contingent on my review of all financial documents.  I hope this helps. Good luck with everything! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here