Improving my Investor sales skills

5 Replies

I love this business and I want to always be improving and learning.  I have been in sales most of my life, (really we all have been).  I want to improve my abilities to close deals with sellers with more knowledge and skill set.  I have been reading and working with my mentor as much as possible.  I love Zig Zigler, but I really want to know what your guys thoughts are on any books and/or audios that focus on selling yourself and our service we provide.  I have had difficulty finding anything about investor sale's techniques.

I'd recommend also listening and watching Gary Vaynerchuk.

Very motivational and he is a true salesman. But not in the traditional sense of a used car salesman or something like that. 

Thanks Antoine, I will check out Gary.

personally it would be to provide quality products at a reasonible price

Those sorts of things seem to sell themselves

Eg good wholesale deals at a reasonable markup 

Thank you Michael.  I agree with you.  I just need to strengthen my abilities to negotiate with the owners of the property so I can bring the best deals to you guys, but also allow me (in the future) to step in and do the rehabs too.  

@Michelle Poulos check out Michael Quarles owner of YellowLetters.com. He also has been interviewed on several podcasts on BP.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here