Sell, Cash Out Refi, or HELOC

1 Reply

Hello Biggerpockets Community. What method (Cash-out refinance, HELOC, or Sell), do you utilize to continue your investment strategy when you have equity. I currently have a few properties, and with the market appreciation in the DC metro area, I have about $100k equity in each property I own (four total, nothing compared to what I read on here), and as such I want to continue to build a buy/hold portfolio, but at same time I'd also like to have some money available in case the market takes a turn, in order to be able to make some moves. With that said, what strategies do you use to continue your investment strategy and why?

Maximum leverage is the best option during your growth period. Leaving dead equity in a income property is costing you a lot of lost income.

With 4 properties having around 100K in equity each you are losing $3500/month in potential investment income.

Equity is where money goes to die. Waiting for the market to turn is OK but not at the expense of passing on good deal today. You can not buy everything that comes along now or in the future. How you pull it out does not matter just get it out there and make it earn it's keep.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.