Votes
Jeff Unruh
  • Westland, MI
Votes |
Vacant Land County Search Help

Jeff Unruh
  • Westland, MI
Posted Nov 16 2017, 04:28

Thank you for taking your time to try to point me in the right direction or answer my question. I have been reading a lot about flipping vacant land and while reading through blogs or listening to podcasts, I have heard it multiple times that some counties offer a free information on the delinquent taxes, but it sound like it is more of a task to get this information than using agentpro247 or paying for the county list. I have heard some people use a VA to rip through a county website to get the a full list of delinquent taxes.

Right now, I do not mind doing any grunt work to build a list for a county, but I am at a loss of how to manually create this list.  Here are my questions:

1). Is it true to say that most vacant land does not have a physical address?  If so is there a free way to get a list of vacant land parcel/apn numbers?

2). I assume (yes I know what assume means, lol), I would get a list of parcel numbers for vacant land and enter it one at a time to see if they have delinquent taxes?

3). So far I believe I found only occupied property (not vacant land) on the county sites and it is confusing, it shows a person name and shows delinquent, but when you look at the tax history, it shows they owe $0 and everything is paid up.  What am I am missing on why it is showing this information?

If you know of a post or a document that answers the questions, I am willing to read anything to get this information (just point me in the right direction).

My goal is to show my wife an example of 1 possible property and show the comps on that land.  Right now, the wife is for sure not bought into this idea of vacant land flipping.  

Thank you so much for your response.

Jeff Unruh

Loading replies...