Thoughts on the way my offer was accepted please

5 Replies

Was looking at a property and was told by a realtor it had an offer already. I decided to reach out myself to the agent to get the story on the house and was told I could submit an offer which I did subject to inspection and my walk through. This was all done through text message and seemed too easy. I’m not working with a realtor but is that legit? I’m meeting her Monday and was told as long as another higher offer doesn’t come in I’ll know by Monday. Is it safe to assume I’m the highest bidder? Looking for feedback I’m excited but also cautious as it seemed too easy and what seemed like a dead end now has life. Thanks!

So the offer is in a text message as opposed to on paper? Then it holds no weight. It needs to be on paper and signed by both parties to be bindging

Russell Brazil, Real Estate Agent in Maryland (#648402), Virginia (#0225219736), District of Columbia (#SP98375353), and Massachusetts (#9​0​5​2​3​4​6)
(301) 893-4635

“All real estate contracts must be in writing to be enforceable, other than leases of a year or less and broker to broker agreements.”

I think you need to get it in writing...

So they are basically accepting my offer as negotiating bait with the other offer?

Is this probably how it would play out???

They will counter to the original offer saying they have a 2nd offer. Then when/if he goes above me, they’ll come back and let me give another offer to beat his?

She said I can submit an official offer Monday and that they told the seller they are holding off on the first offer.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.