Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Douglas Rice
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Frisco, TX
Votes |
What should I do? I accidentally have two houses...

Douglas Rice
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Frisco, TX
Posted Nov 16 2017, 20:09
Long story short, I had my house 5/4/3 on the market in Frisco Tx and was going to sell it and downsize. I work out of state and it is just my wife and son. I was going to move them into a 3/2 SF just north of us. I make great W-2 income so I qualified to buy a new house without a contingency. I found a great deal on a 3/2 in Prosper Tx and pulled the trigger and put 20% down. Fast forward. My house has now been on the market for 60 days, no offers. Two price reductions and I own two houses and have two mortgages. And I am getting transferred back home after the first of the year. In the last 30 days i converted the 3/2 in Prosper to a 4/2 and added An Office w/French doors in part of an oversized living room. Added hardwood floors. The house is 2100 sq ft and is 500 sq ft bigger than the average 3/2. Do I pull my big house off the market and just rent the smaller Prosper house and BRRRR. Here are the numbers. I bought for 257k. Appraised for 277 as 3/2. Mortgage is 1750. I can rent fir $2000-2100. I have spent 8k on construction to convert to 4/2. Comps on other 4/2 in the neighborhood are well above 300k up to 320k I think I should get a tenant for long term lease(2yr), refinance after seasoning in 6 Mo or so. If I get my 305k appraisal I could pull 25k out at that time and buy something else? I need advice from seasoned investors as this was an accident...

Loading replies...