Looking to start some Wholesaling

6 Replies

Hi BP!

I am excited to say that I am now ready to jump start my REI by doing some wholesaling. I've read that if you have a good deal then you should be able to obtain a buyer with no problem. However, I have also read that you should find buyers first and then go out and look for what your buyers want. Is it more affective to find buyers or the actual deals first?

I would buy the buyers first because you can ruin yourself if you don't get a buyer in time. You would lose lots of money, it's too risky

@Michael Kantar

Thanks a lot for the feed back.  I figured it would be better to build a buyers list first and then go hunting for what they are look to buy.  Seems like this method gives you a better chance at being successful.

This post has been removed.

Well the only thing I would like to add is that if you sign contracts and you're making representations to purchase if you cannot find a buyer then hopefully you're going to keep your word with the seller and honor the contract like any honest person would. Many people lack the integrity in this "field".

@John Thedford

Thanks a lot and I completely agree.  Honesty is very important in this business and any business.  @Account Closed Are you saying that some cash buyers may not want to be on my buyers list due to me just starting out and not having any properties lined up yet?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.