Misleading to say no deals on MLS

4 Replies

This post has been removed.

@Account Closed

I am a Realtor in Greenville, SC.  The best deals over the last 12+ months  are definately off market properties.  In upstate south carolina once a "deal" hits the mls, there are so many offers on the property that it creates a bidding war above list price.   I can only speak of my local market though.

Adam

@Account Closed Each investor's perception of a deal is different based on their current position and future goals. You say these properties had low cash flow so for some investors, that would mean no deal. 

You're correct in saying that it is misleading to say "there are no deals on the MLS" because a deal has a very different meaning to each individual. I'm still not sure what your point is here though.

Ariel Vincent, Real Estate Agent in CA (#01997922 )
650-539-4416

Julius John but isn't the reason they are viewed as deals now.. in retrospect .. is because the general market has gone up ?

Every market is local also .

When I look on the Redfin at MLS listings in the Midwest properties that cash flow look plentiful.

When looking in L.A not so much .

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.