Hi Chandler - welcome to Albuquerque. Congrats on getting under contract to buy a house here in the Duke City!
Your realtor is correct in handling repairs to the home. The process in NM goes like this: 1. Get accepted offer for price and terms on the property.
2. Get inspections done (I always suggest general home, termite/dry rot, and sewer scope at a minimum).
3. Submit ORW to the seller. The ORW is Objections, Resolutions, and Waivers document. This document is the one that allows you to negotiate the repairs for the property.
4. Have sellers complete agreed upon repairs.
5. Reinspect property after repairs are complete. This should be done at least 2 days prior to closing so that if any issues come up, you can get them resolved before closing.
6. Go to closing at title company. Keys will be given after funding has taken place (not always on the day of closing, sometimes the next day) and title docs have been recorded with the county.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me. I’m a licensed realtor and investor here in NM and I’d be happy to help out.
Thank you guys so much! I appreciate the quick responses and feedback. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community
Basic membership is free, forever.