Budding real estate invester.

4 Replies

I am a young man that has been living in Baltimore City all my life. I recently became interested in Wholesaling real estate. I went to a seminar that eventually asked me for money at the end for something I am sure people can learn on there own.

So I do have questions. I have been watching good properties go for cheap all my life and I always thought there was a way that I could benefit from my neighborhood. So my question is how do I go about selling the contracts that I go into. What kind of properties are usually sought after.

I am in Baltimore City as of this moment and I am sure that I can find any type of property someone would be looking for. Also I know for a fact that Baltimore City is a city of renters, so I think that it is perfect for long term investing.

Please some one help me out a little. I need to build a buyers list because I have boot on the ground all the time and I can find properties with no problem. A little advice please.

Check out the BiggerPockets podcast. I am about 40 episodes in, but they already had several focus on wholesaling. I think it would answer a lot of your questions.

@Khalil Jackson Yes there is lots of information about wholesaling here on BP. You might want to check out the Wholesaling forum.  Go to the browse forums tab and  look for the real estate strategies then go to Real estate wholesaling. There is a sticky post at the top that talks about ways to find buyers. 

Wholesaling is not as easy as the people selling seminars would make it would to be. The biggest issue for new investors is they tend to push deals that are not anywhere close to a good deal.  

Good luck to you. We are here to help

Here and there, I see teams of wholesalers at meet-ups, you might want to consider  working with them for some time.

Like Ned Carey said, it is not as easy as people think.

Good Luck!!!

Welcome to BP and the world of Wholesaling!  I was at a networking event recently filled with buyers and maybe 1 wholesaler.  The investors in the room complained that most wholesalers didn't know what they were doing.  It might be good to talk to some investors and really learn what they're looking for.  There are plenty of buyers out there for the right kind of sales!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.