How likely am I to get an investment partner as a newbie

2 Replies

Got an amazing piece of land  6 Acres for for about $85,000, if it hits the market its going for $238,462 yes big difference but the owner just want it gone, agents want the profit. I can subdivide and sell in less than a year, averaging $332,308 less expenses, just subdivision it's working out well not doing any infrastructure. Yes we can do that here. It's in a demanded neighborhood, but I can't qualify for a loan and slow with finding a partner. It's my first official deal should I let this one go?

If you can't find an investor, find a builder. In my area (MD,USA), it's increasingly popular to partner with a builder on a lot and sell it with a "to be built" home. Many buyers appreciate that they can choose the finishings for their home and that it is brand new. The builder appreciates that they don't have to sit on the cost of a fully built home they can just provide a rendering for the listing. And you don't have to compromise on selling at good subdivided profit. I'm not sure if this is advisable because I don't know all the details about your project or local law. I know this probably isn't the info you were hoping for but it may be another option.

@Ursaline McLeod the saying goes if you have a great deal you'll find the money. It seems like you have a good deal so I'd suggest you keep looking. Are you eager and excited about this deal daily? Do you actively call people in and out of your current network to ask if they are interested in investing? These two questions you should think about deeply and really believe in your deal. If you do, ask your agent to pull records of land purchases in the area and google the name of the buyer to contact them directly. You could also ask local investors at a meetup or find active agents who might bring you an investor (they might charge a fee). Overall, you need to believe in your heart you've got a good deal and keep calling/contacting investors until you get one! Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.