Help make our offer better!

3 Replies

My husband and I submitted an offer on a single family house with an accessory dwelling unit studio in outer Los Angeles area. We submitted our offer site unseen (no pictures online-just google streetview). Our offer was 50k over asking the day it posted to MLS. We attended 2 of the 3 open houses. Selling agent said the seller liked us and sounded hopeful. Within hours of the offer deadline, higher offers came in. Seller will likely proceed with counter offers. What options do we have to make our offer more attractive without a higher purchase price? We have 15% down but will need to finance the rest of the loan. Any advice helps!

I'm assuming this is a owner occupied? You could try to shorten the time and if you haven't submit pre approval letter. You can always try for the emotional attachment and write a letter to attach with offer, telling them how it's your dream blah blah.

I agree with Mark. Shorten escrow period if your lender can and shorten contingency periods if you’re able. Offer a free leaseback period following escrow for them to move out.

Leaseback? They’re trying to sell because they need cash, do you really want to go through the process of eviction after they stay 30 days?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.