Slip and fall case to homeowner or city

5 Replies

Hi all , My daughter slip and fall and got fracture on her hand . The doctor we visit give me attorney number to sue the owner or city since she fall on the side walk which is there is un-even street level. Attorney I talk to say we might sue the city or home owner. Being landloard myself , I really don’t want to do it , but the other hand it was because on un-even street. So far we spend a lot money on medical bill . And I do hoping City can fix that un-even street. And will there be a side effect for me owning many property to sue them , also my husband is not a fan of me suing , he say my daughter fall is because she was running and it was dark. I don’t know if I should started a case or let it go. Yes I know totally off subject but since I am here all the time want to ask you guys opinion. Thanks

It was a accident contributed to by your daughters actions according to you. You could find a low life ambulance chasing lawyer and file but that is only contributing to what is already a pathetically litigious environment that you live in.

I am with you and would never even consider a suite, it isn't right and is one of the major contributors to the deteriorating social standards in your society. Take that with a grain of salt since I live in a country with much different standards. 

US citizens view law suites like buying lottery tickets...that is wrong.

Children run, children fall, it's a cost of being a parent but no one is to blame. 

If you're really worried about the sidewalk go talk to the city, don't sue them because your daughter tripped and it just so happened to be on the sidewalk.

Your daughter fell after failing to navigate a common and minor hazard while running in the dark. It's not as if the public works department dug a giant hole and then left it. Is it really fair to the rest of the tax payers in Sanford, NC to have to absorb the cost of a lawsuit for this?

Ok, thanks everyone , I won’t get attorney will just deal on my own for my medical bill then.

The doctor was pushing it. I guess Attorny and doctor are connected .

However the un-even street level I have called before the one on my street no one ever take care of it. So I don’t think City is doing anything with it.

@Ryan Murdock she did fall because of un-even street. She was running at time.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.