Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Drew Whitehead
Pro Member
  • Architect and Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
Why do I have no success with wholesalers?!...

Drew Whitehead
Pro Member
  • Architect and Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Dec 13 2017, 07:24

Maybe I just need to rant but I have always had a hard time with wholesalers in my experience. Why do some wholesalers take a house listed on the MLS, get it under contract for a slightly reduced price, then put their markup on it so it is near the original asking price on the MLS?? I know everyone is trying to make a buck but come on... This seems to be how a lot of deals are on all the distribution lists that I am on.

I do so wholesaling as a great tool to make some money if you find the deals off market and they are ACTUALLY A DEAL! When comparing the off market deals with comps in the neighborhood, they are always shooting way low on rehab costs and ARV's. I scour the MLS every day for new houses and deals and make offers on the ones that have good deals but I know the real deals are typically found off market. This is where I am trying to rely on these wholesalers to find actual good deals and I would pay cash and close within 2 weeks! I work a day job and flip on the side so my time in finding is limited in finding offline deals.

Maybe I'm just ranting but I've always had a bad taste in my mouth with wholesalers because I see it as a quick, middle man way to earn a profit? 

Thoughts or help?

Loading replies...