Buying & Selling Real Estate
Account Closed
  • Montgomery, AL
Votes |
How to find a motivated realtor

Account Closed
  • Montgomery, AL
Posted Dec 14 2017, 07:05

I am currently looking for a home under $35K  to flip in the Montgomery, AL area (where I am working). I am finding that my current realtor is not really engaging with me. He is very responsive but he never contacts me first. I would like to have a realtor that can be more of my partner.  I'm the one finding the houses, checking them out, doing the research and pretty much just reaching out to the realtor to find out information that wasn't available online.

I am having a similar issue with finding a multifamily house under $150K in the Florida Panhandle. First, she told me that finding a house like that would be rare with my budget, even though I was able to find 8 online, of which 4 I was interested in. Then, after I told her I was happy with my lending option, she tried to push her personal lender on to me. I was able to politely decline but again, it seems like I'm the one doing the effort to find the houses. And then she waits to the last minute to set up a time for me to view them so, twice, I set aside time to see houses and they weren't available.

I'm new to this so I just wanted to know if this is common and how can I find a quality realtor? I've spoke to several and they all seem super motivated in the moment but the next day, it's like nothing. I think I will let both of them just peter off but I would like some advice on finding someone new.

Loading replies...