Merry Christmas everyone, I am looking for fellow R.I. REI.

2 Replies

I am looking to network with local real estate investors. I currently own two properties on Aquidneck Island. I am a active duty Marine, but my brother is a contractor and mother is the property manager; so it has turned into a family business. 

First off, ask your family who they work with. Take those folks out to dinner and listen. Sales is about listening and we have two ears and one mouth so shut up for half the time and listen to what other have to say. Once you figure this out, people will spill life stories, their struggles, and information about the people they know.

Secondly, attend those local REIAs. If you don't have any available go visit some a distance away for a couple of meetings. Absorb how they do it and then feel free to start your own through meetup.com. I've started 2 successful meetup groups through there. Its easy advertising on craigslist and the meetup page. The hardest part is finding the next speaker willing to give a couple hours one night to talk about real estate. 

Ill be heading out 29 pretty soon here me and my wife would love to get with you and just talk shop. We have not yet bought our first house but are in the making of some great success!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here