Newbie from Portland, OR

2 Replies

im 21 years old and a newbie from portland oregon. I made 12 cold calls for the first time and 5 answered. Where can I find OPM? What not to do when getting an OPM? Should I get a lawyer when dealing with an OPM? What makes a good deal? What makes a good location? How do I know if this deal will have cash flow and appreciation? what questions should I ask the seller? i heard you can get a propety below market value, contract it, find a buyer and sell the contract to make 10k?

Hey Toby,

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. It sounds like you’ve got a lot of questions and have heard about different ways to make money in real estate. 

You’d probably be well served by sitting down and spending some time searching the forums, reading the free downloads, listening to the podcasts, and educating yourself on the numerous ways you can succeed in real estate. 

Ability to work doesn’t seem to be a problem for you since you picked up the phone and started cold-calling. Now you owe it to yourself (and future partners/clients) to educate yourself and understand what happens when you get someone on one of those calls who is interested. 

Best of luck to you! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here