Need money NOW.. what can I do to prevent missing a good deal?

6 Replies

Here's the rundown.

I own free and clear 230k home.

found great investment property ( two good and clean manufactures homes on 4.4 acres) for 150k with income potential of about 450 month - each.

problem. my money is all tied up in other investments.

what should i do.. LOL yes im heading to the bank now, but I'm always looking for more options.

Thanks! Happy new year to you all!

Why can't you pull from your $230k free and clear equity from your primary?

@Dave Carella you could pull equity out of your house as a downpayment and then go to a bank to get a loan.  I've had clients do that before so they in essence didn't put any cash down.

One thing I'd like to point out though, unless you think there's significant value-add, $900/mo gross income for $150K purchase price?  I can't see that purchase being cash flow positive, let alone a good deal.  The mortgage alone (assuming 25% down) will be $550/mo+.  

Matt Lefebvre, Real Estate Agent in NH (#070207)
603-554-2309
Originally posted by @Matt Lefebvre :

@Dave Carella you could pull equity out of your house as a downpayment and then go to a bank to get a loan.  I've had clients do that before so they in essence didn't put any cash down.

One thing I'd like to point out though, unless you think there's significant value-add, $900/mo gross income for $150K purchase price?  I can't see that purchase being cash flow positive, let alone a good deal.  The mortgage alone (assuming 25% down) will be $550/mo+.  

I'm hoping the $900/month wasn't total rents from the two properties. If so then yes you should pass on this deal.

the 230 k home is on the market so im not sure if the banks will go for that

@Dave Carella a 150k property that rents for 900 is awful. Unless you plan to build on the extra acreage or something like that just sell your flip and pass on this deal

i get the 2% rule. but that just dosn't fly in my area. 3 bedroom home with pool that cost about 200-230 k are renting out for about 1500 to 1800.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.