What’s your most recent mortgage rate for investment property

9 Replies

Hi all , My most recent 30 year for my investment property is No closing cost for 30 years for 5.37% , LTV is only 70%. Do you think is a good deal? What’s yours most recent rate for investment property ?

I’m closing on a place in Cleveland in about 2 weeks and it was 5.25%

Commercial loans with 20% down, 4.79%.

About 3.5% residential and 4.10% commerical.

Been using Commercial Loans getting 5.1% for 21 years. Lots less questions asked overall but they don’t escrow Taxes or Insurance.

@Liz C. are you doing a conforming FannieMae/FreddieMac investor loan? (seems likely with a 30 yr amortization) I'm getting ready to close on one in Cleveland at 4.5% with a half point. cash-out refi at 65% LTV could have gone as high as 75% (I got a good appraisal for once)......I think there are rate adjustments (up) for condo and multi-family but even with those, >5% seems quite high to me. I may be wrong but I don't think there should be that much rate adjustment across the US on conforming.....

Before going with the conforming loan, I got commercial quotes that were 5.25%-5.5% with one or two points 15-20 year amortization. The advantage with those was that I could have closed in my LLC name......but the benefit of the 30 yr amortization coupled with the fixed rate outweighed that enough for me to deal with the mounds of paperwork and putting property back in my name for refi. The commercial lenders were quoting either 5 yr adjustments or balloons.

Multi-family 4.5% fixed for 5 years then goes to 5.5% for an additional 5 years.  Ballon at 20 years with a 25 year amortization.  30% down.

541-508-9672

Thank you all! I see there is a lot increase recently !

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.