Financing for a single family deal (QTY. 4)

4 Replies

Are there any other options outside of a hard money lender to fund an investment deal that comes with 4 houses that need to be sold? The seller does not want to sell them separately. The houses haven’t hit the market yet so the pricing is fair and the comps speak for it, not to mention but they are also tenant occupied and bringing in rent every month. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

You probably have at least 2 options I can think of without getting really creative.

1. you can use hard money to buy all of them, structuring the loan so you can refi out 1 house at a time. 

2. you can contact a commercial lender and try to do a blanket commercial loan that covers all 4. It might have to be with a small local bank instead of a big bank, but I prefer to work with local banks anyway. 

other than that you can always try to raise Private money, seller finance/carryback (doesn't sound like an option), partner with an equity partner, or some combo. 

Good luck

Cheers!

Do these properties require rehab or turn-key?

Originally posted by @Sam Asante :
Are there any other options outside of a hard money lender to fund an investment deal that comes with 4 houses that need to be sold? The seller does not want to sell them separately. The houses haven’t hit the market yet so the pricing is fair and the comps speak for it, not to mention but they are also tenant occupied and bringing in rent every month. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

There are lenders out there who will allow you to blanket all 4 properties, and it will be better than typically hard money. However, as stated above - if you're bankable, the banks are certainly your best initial option. They'll have the best rates and terms, but the process will be substantially longer than goinf to the secondary market lenders. These will bring you rates between 6-9% with the average being about 7-7.5%., probably a couple pts, but will close much quicker 3-4 weeks.

Best wishes!

Marty

Originally posted by @Marty Johnston :
Originally posted by @Sam Asante:

There are lenders out there who will allow you to blanket all 4 properties, and it will be better than typically hard money. However, as stated above - if you're bankable, the banks are certainly your best initial option. They'll have the best rates and terms, but the process will be substantially longer than goinf to the secondary market lenders. These will bring you rates between 6-9% with the average being about 7-7.5%., probably a couple pts, but will close much quicker 3-4 weeks.

Best wishes!

Marty

Thanks for the heads up Marty.  I actually ended up not doing the deal but I certainly learned quite a bit from the comments that you all posted.  I will be sure to stay committed to following up with you all when the time comes again.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here