My 1st Live in Flip. Help!!!

2 Replies

I am getting ready to sell my first Live in Flip. I closed on the property June 2016 and the 2 year holding period will be June this year. I am assuming the 2 year holing period is from closing to closing. Is that correct?

I am planning on doing another Live in Flip after this. I am currently in dilemma on when to list the property. I’m planning on listing in late march (best time to sell in my area) and hopefully getting it on contract within a month (late April) and leaving 45 – 60 closing period.

If property sells too early, I’m afraid of closing before 2nd year anniversary or asking buyer to wait more than 60 days before closing. What is best strategy for my situation?

I wouldn't worry about selling it too early because the closing date is a date agreed upon with the buyers.
Before they put any interested buyer's offer forward, your agent would inform them it is your condition to have the closing only after a certain date.

I think the 2 year window is occupy, not closing, so if you didn't live there till three months after closing that could be an issue. I'm not sure the OOC police check but ya never know! Thinking through the backend, I'm sure you can have something put in the listing stating closing date no earlier than XYZ date or something along those lines to save any hassle or misunderstanding. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.