Best career in real estate with a 4 year degree?

3 Replies

Currently majoring in finance with a concentration in real estate. I am not really sure what I will do with it other than something in real estate. What is your opinions on the best career in real estate to assist in my investing journey?

Depends on what you want to do. Personally, I'm interested in multi-family, so I'd go work as an analyst at Cushman & Wakefield, Marcus and Millichap, etc. 

Or, go to a regional or large bank, and work in their commercial underwriting department. 

Both good suggestions from @Sam Grooms . What part of real estate do you like? People? Numbers? Marketing? Operating?

Best part of real estate is that that there is something for everyone. It's not about the "best career" but the "best fit" for you. You can be successful in any aspect with hard work and a little luck. Finding a good fit will make it enjoyable while you're at it.

Good luck!

as @Sam Grooms said, commercial U/W can be very valuable. I have a degree in Finance and this is what I do, I would like to be more on the conventional lending side in a way, to see more RE deals, but I do SBA loans so I get knee deep in local business financials and analysis. Still very valuable imo

That said, all I do is work on excel all day, which is certainly not for everyone.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.