• Investor
  • Cedar Rapids, IA
Votes |
Grant Cardone bashing single family

Justin S.
  • Investor
  • Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted Feb 6 2018, 19:07
Just wanted to throw my two cents in about Grant Cardone. He has been completely bashing single family investing lately in hopes of getting people to invest in his fund and I really don’t like it. His entire argument against single family is that if it ever goes vacant you lose money. Obviously this is true in the short term, but the goal is never to own one house. I started six years ago buying, flipping and holding very small rental houses while I worked my regular job on the side. I started with one, and I can tell you that when you only have one you make sure that it’s never vacant. Then two and three and four, and at that point even if you have a vacancy for a small period you still cash flow just fine. Long story short in a small period of time you can build up a portfolio that is diversified enough to handle some vacancy and you’ll get a lot more than the 6.5% Cardone wants to give you. Last year I left my job and now live off my real estate income. I now focus on larger commercial deals, and it’s all because I started with small single family homes. I wish everyone the best. Feel free to message me if I can ever help.

Loading replies...