24inch washer and dryer

2 Replies

Hi all, About to buy stackable 24in washer and dryer that fits 24 inch wide. Anyone has any advice what kind of model should I buy for rentals? I am suprice the price are over $1000. Should I get second hand?

I personally have owned a stackable washer/dryer for 12 years.  It's a Kenmore and its a beast.  I love the thing.  Just earlier this year I finally had to repair the agitator but only issue I had and I even got it second hand from an elderly lady.  So I think it's a 15 year old machine?  If Kenmore still makes them, I recommend looking at Kenmore.   You will pay more but it will be worth.   I've had some Maytag in 2 rentals for awhile. I think I paid 900 for each.  

Any stackable is pain to work on because it so heavy...and top heavy.  Dryer's are not convenient by any means to work on. So if you hire out for repairs expect to pay a little more or at the very least a harder time finding a repair tech who will work on them.    

@Corina Eufinger thank you corina, just saw this now, I end up buying GE for 1.2k few of them has wide 24inch

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here